|Anaglyph image of ammonite, produced by SpiersView from digital model. View with red-cyan glasses|
A vacancy has arisen at the British Geological Survey for two highly motivated and enthusiastic Digitisation Staff, working on a high-profile JISC (Joint Information Standing Committee) funded 3D fossil project at our headquarters in Keyworth, Nottingham.
Your role will be working as part of a flexible team and will be working partly at Keyworth, and partly offsite at museums and collections around Britain. Duties include:
• Operating digital SLR camera, photographing type fossil specimens, including production of stereo pairs
• Operating NextEngine HD laser scanner to produce digital models of selected fossils
• Enter and retrieve information into PalaeoSaurus database
• Post-processing of images to add scales and produce anaglyph stereo images
• General data management, ensuring model and image metadata is correctly recorded according to the Data Management Plan
The closing date is 28th March 2012
Link for further information.