“FIND THE 3-D PRINTED FOSSIL” - COMPETITION RULES
1. Entry to the Competition is conditional upon and confirms acceptance of these Rules.
2. Entry to the Competition may only be made in accordance with the instructions printed on the entry form and any additional information supplied by staff at the Competition information desk.
3. Individual entrants may only make one entry per museum and this must be on an official entry form supplied by the museum. Museum staff and their families, and employees of the British Geological Survey and their families may not enter. The completed entry form must be handed to museum staff at the point where it was collected.
4. The Competition starts at 12:00 noon on Thursday 22nd August 2013 and closes at museum closing time on Thursday 12th September 2013.
5. The aim of the Competition is to find the 3d printed fossil within the museum displays and to record its location on the entry form.
6. Five winning entry forms will be selected at random at each museum from correctly completed entry forms. Winners will be contacted by email and arrangements made for them to attend a VIP museum tour, or something similar. Each winner aged under 18 may bring a parent or guardian.
7. Two national winners will be selected from the individual museum winners and contacted by email. Arrangements will be made for them to attend a VIP collections tour at BGS Keyworth. One overall winner will also receive a tablet computer pre-loaded with a collection of virtual fossils.
8. Names of winners and results of the Competition will be published on the Project Blog.
9. Prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative to prizes will be offered.
10. If a winner is unable to take up a prize for any reason or in the event that a winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable period, the organisers reserve the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
11. Each winner must co-operate with the organiser’s photographers and staff to publicise the win as the organisers deem appropriate.
12. The organisers reserve the right to change the competition rules or to void the competition at any time and for any appropriate reason. In the event of an error of any nature howsoever caused and whether obvious or otherwise which affects the Competition in any way, the organiser reserves the right to administer the Competition as though the error had not occurred.
13. No correspondence can be entered into on any matters arising from the Competition.
14. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion. The organisers’ decisions are final in all matters concerning the Competition.
The GB/3D Type Fossils Online Project
21st August 2013